We are busy people. While juggling student instruction, assignment review, lesson preparation, and professional development, you need technology to work for you, not against you. Here are some nifty time-saving techniques.
1. Snap windows side-by-side to work simultaneously
Making a PowerPoint presentation with content from a Word doc and photos? Teaching your students how to take notes in OneNote from Microsoft Edge? You’re covered.
2. Add an interactive whiteboard or second screen quickly
Need to cast a lesson onto a smartboard or an extended monitor? Two keys are all you need!
3. Easily take a screenshot, copy to Clipboard, and send directly to OneNote
Awesome for quick note-taking and creating lesson plans with multimedia components. Also a great tip to teach your students for research projects.
4. Clear all windows and show only the desktop
Teachers have a lot going on! Use this tip when you need to find a shortcut on the desktop but don’t want to individually close each of your many windows.
5. Go back to the most recent window you were on
Really useful to go back and forth between windows without having to take your hands off the keyboard.
6. Minimize and maximize windows with ease
7. Zoom in and out
To look at a document or webpage in finer detail or get a fuller view of a long page for a screenshot!
8. Instantly lock screen
Need to leave in a hurry but don’t want your students to have access to your computer? This is the shortcut for you!
9. Switch between different language keyboards
For multilingual educators or those teaching languages, this will definitely come in handy!
10. Instantly access Task View for a complete view of your windows
When you need to access that window you used a while ago but can’t seem to find it now!
11. Add another Desktop*
Whether you need to separate different classes, to divide your personal and professional work, or to just keep your desktop less cluttered.
12. Temporarily peek at desktop
When you need to check something on your desktop, but don’t necessarily want to close all your open windows, this shortcut is your friend.