Learning Technology Manager – PROCAT is now recruiting
The Learning Technology Manager is responsible for the development, maintenance and management of the Digital Learning Environment. You will liaise with academic and administrative colleagues, in order to ensure that the Digital Learning Environment best suits student and staff needs.
In this role you will ensure that course structures are built, documented and checked against our quality assurance systems with any issues being highlighted and resolved. This will also involve assisting in the development, documentation and implementation of VLE course testing procedures to support the demands of an expanding system.
You will actively liaise with a variety of stakeholders including staff, employers and other organisations to ensure that any programme requirements and approved system changes are implemented; this will also involve training system users in the use of the VLE.
Course Development and Management
• Manage the entire e-learning lifecycle from initial contact with staff to the launch of finalised modules in the VLE
• Ensure the management and continuous improvement of the VLE
• Project manage the implementation of learning technologies, including virtual reality and the virtual learning environment
• Keep updated on latest industry developments and advise the college on new technologies for learning and teaching
• Keep up to date with PROCAT’s Learning & Teaching Strategy and related college policies and projects
• Guide teaching staff in the development of resources for the curriculum, including materials design, identifying existing content and development of digital resources
• Promote the inclusion of accessibility in technology design
• Create and Deliver student and tutor induction processes for digital learning
• Train members of staff as well as the student support team to develop and embed digital learning in the curriculum
System Administration for the Virtual Learning Environment
• User management and enrolments
• Reporting, statistics and data analysis
• Data backup and security
• Performance monitoring and optimization
• Theme customisation and plug-in management of the VLE
• An understanding and knowledge of the application of digital technologies in a learning environment.
• You will have excellent communication skills and be comfortable with engaging teaching staff and business partners as well as technical teams to ensure a clear and shared understanding of both specifications and solutions.
• Ability to work closely with the IT team, project managing infrastructure requirements for the implementation of learning technologies.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously and with other members of PROCAT, as well as, employers and other organisations
• Ability to work flexibly, occasional requirement to work outside normal working hours;
• Deployment of a proactive approach, as well as a strong and demonstrable interest in equality and diversity.
• Willingness to travel on college business, when required.