Toolbox Training Talks
As part of my role as Digital Learning Fellow, I will be running toolbox talks which will be quick, bite sized training sessions in a variety of digital learning subjects.
Toolbox talks will be run at all campuses for all staff, including non-teaching staff. Toolbox Talks will be held, as part of, your regular team meeting slots. Special sessions can also be run on request in groups or on a one-to-one basis. I am also available to attend classes or self-study time to run toolbox talks with Students.
Toolbox Talks, as well as, tips and tricks, will also be published on this website.
Some examples of toolbox talk subjects are:
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Creating animations and videos using online web tools – useful for both Students to present their learning and projects and for Staff
- Creating posters using online web tools – useful for both Students and Staff
- Creating podcasts using online web tools – useful for both Students and Staff
- Making use of free online tools, such as flash cards, mindmapping, sketchnoting and storyboarding
- Digital Literacy skills for both Staff and Students
- Study Skills for Students. Learning how to learn effectively
- Using virtual reality in your teaching
- The use of mobile devices in teaching and learning
- Virtual Learning Environment
- QR codes in learning
Toolbox talks will be starting June 2015. If you have any particular topics, that you’d like to see featured in a toolbox talk, please leave a comment here or email Katharine Jewitt directly.
Please visit the “Procat Training Events with Katharine Jewitt” Link on this website to view all upcoming Training Workshops.
Visit PROCAT Prospects College of Advanced Technology
This PROCAT Digital website is produced to report on activity from the Digital Learning Fellowship at PROCAT Prospects College of Advanced Technology, funded by The Education and Training Foundation.