State of the art train maintenance facility open day at Siemens
Siemens are hosting a FREE Whistle Stop Tour at the Heathrow Express Traincare Facility in Acton, West London on 26 September between 11.00 and 17.00 (Last entry is 16.00).
Children and Adults are invited to delve into the design history of London’s transport. Heathrow Express will be providing a free shuttle bus service, 3 times an hour, between the London Transport Museum and the Siemens and Heathrow Express Traincare Facility on 26th September.
Design activities at the Siemens Heathrow Express Depot open day:
- Find out about how modern Siemens trains are designed.
- Hear about the recent re-design of the Heathrow Express Class 332 interior for a superior passenger experience.
- Take part in family fun activities including a ‘design your own train carriage’ competition for a chance to win a return ride in the driver’s cab of a Heathrow Express train.
Other activities at the Heathrow Express Depot open day:
- See a train up on jacks ready for maintenance.
- Take a walk under a stationary train to see how it’s maintained.
- Visit show and tell sessions to get hands-on with real train parts and how they work.
- Sit in a driver’s train cab and ask a train driver questions.
- Meet Paddington™ at regular intervals.
Please visit this website for more details: Whistle Stop Tours from Siemens
Visit PROCAT Prospects College of Advanced Technology
This PROCAT Digital website is produced to report on activity from the Digital Learning Fellowship at PROCAT Prospects College of Advanced Technology, funded by The Education and Training Foundation.